Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana (KVPY)
KVPY 2018 will be organized by the Indian Institute of Science (IISc). Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana (KVPY) is a national level fellowship programme. Department of Science and Technology, Government of India has started this programme in 1999. It is conducted to provide scholarship upto pre-Ph.D level to the selected candidates. The selection will be based on the aptitude test & interview managed by the IISc.
KVPY Exam Dates
In the given table, we are providing the tentative schedule of KVPY 2018.
|Online Application Form Issued||2nd week of July 2018|
|Last Date of Form Filling||2nd week of August 2018|
|Admit Card Availability||2nd week of October 2018|
|Exam Date||1st week of November 2018|
|Result Announcement||1st week of December 2018|
|Interview Round||3rd week of January 2019|
The eligibility criteria are given below:
- Candidate must be a citizen of India.
For Stream SA:
- Qualifying Exam: Candidates who studied in Class 11th (science stream) must apply for this exam.
- Minimum Marks: Candidates have to pass class 10th with Mathematics & Science subjects & secure minimum 80% marks (70% marks for SC/ST/PwD) in aggregate.
For Stream SX:
- Qualifying Exam: Candidates, those studied in class 12th (science subjects) can apply.
- Subjects: Pass above class with Mathematics & Science subjects (PCB)
- Minimum Marks: Candidates have to score minimum 60% marks (50% for SC/ST/PwD) in aggregate in Science subjects (PCB) in Class 12th. Candidates also have to obtain at least 80% marks (70% marks in case of SC/ST/PwD) in aggregate in class 10th.
For Stream SB:
- Qualifying Exam: Candidates who enrolled in 1st year of the UG programme in Basic Science (Physics/Chemistry/Mathematics & Biology) leading to B.Sc/BS/B.Math./B.Stat./MS/Int. M.Sc) can apply for this exam.
- Minimum Marks:Candidates have to score at least 60% marks (50% marks in case of SC/ST/PwD category) in 10+2 examination.