Engineering Entrance Exams
Click to view the details
BITSAT 2016 is the Birla Institute of Technology and Science Admission Test for admissions to the engineering degree courses at the BITS campuses in Pilani, Goa and Hyderabad. The BITSAT 2016 aspirants can check the details of the BITSAT 2016 exam, application form, eligibility criteria, results and counselling. Check all facts about the BITSAT 2016 below.
In 2014, around 1.8 lakh students appeared for this national level entrance exam for around 2,000 seats available in various BE (Hons.) programmes in BITS.
Exam Name: Birla Institute of Technology and Science Admission Test
Commonly called as: BITSAT
Exam type: University Level
Exam category: UG Exam
Conducting Institute: BITS PilaniUniversity
About BITSAT: BITSAT is conducted by the BITS Pilani University for admissions to the various engineering courses to the BITS Pilani, BITS Goa and BITS Hyderabad campuses.
|Deadline to apply for BITSAT 2016||2016*|
|BITSAT 2016 Test Center Allotment and announcement to candidates||2016*|
|Candidates to reserve BITSAT 2016 Test Dates||2016*|
|BITSAT 2016 Admit Card||2016*|
|BITSAT 2016 Online Tests||2016*|
|Candidates to apply for admission with 12th class marks and Preferences to Degree programmes||2016*|
|Admit List and Wait List announcement||2016*|
BITSAT 2016 Eligibility Criteria
- Candidates must have completed their 10+2 from a recognized Board in the country.
- Candidates must have secured a minimum of 75% in aggregate in the subjects of Physics, Mathematics and Chemistry.
- In addition, they must have secured a minimum of 60% in each subject separately.
- Candidates must be proficient in English.
- Candidates who have passed their 10+2 in 2016 or earlier are not eligible.
- Candidates who will be appearing for their Class XII or equivalent in 2016 are also eligible to apply for BITSAT 2016.
BITSAT 2016 Selection Procedure
On the basis of the performance of the candidates in the BITSAT 2016 and the Class XII marks.
BITSAT 2016 Paper Pattern
BITSAT 2016 is a Computer Based Online Test.
Duration of BITSAT 2016 will be three hours with 150 multiple choice questions.
The BITSAT 2016 Question Paper will be divided into four sections:
- First section in Physics with 40 questions
- Second section in Chemistry with 40 questions
- Third section consists of questions to test the candidate’s English Proficiency with 15 questions and Logical Reasoning with 10 questions
- Fourth section in Maths with 45 questions Each correct answer will get three marks each One mark will be deducted for each wrong answer.
BITSAT 2016 Application process
BITSAT 2016 Application Fee: Rs. 2090/-(Rs.1590/- for female candidates)
For Dubai centre: US $ 50 for male & female candidates both (or Indian Rs. 3100/-)
Paid via: Credit card / debit card / net banking / cash
Students shall apply online to appear for BITSAT 2016.
The filled application along with the DD of the application fee must reach the university office before February 20, 2016 (upto 5 pm).
BITSAT 2016 Exam Centres
For providing admissions to Integrated First Degree Programmes, BITSAT 2016 Online Tests will be conducted from 2016* by BITS Pilani across various cities across India apart from its campus in Pilani, Goa, Hyderabad and Dubai.
BITSAT 2016 Counselling Process
- BITSAT 2016 Counselling will be for BITSAT qualified students on the basis of their merit ranks in the entrance exam.
- Candidates will have to apply online once the BITSAT 2016 Counselling call is announced and submit the printed copies to BITS Pilani.
- Candidates will have to submit their original certificates for verification before seat allotment.
- The requisite fees have to be paid upon seat allotment to confirm the admissions.
BITSAT 2016 Participating Institutes: BITS Pilani , BITS Goa, BITS Hyderabad
The Admissions Officer,
Pilani - 333 031,
Web Site : www.bitsadmission.com
GATE 2016- Conducted by IIT Kanpur the organizing institute, GATE 2016 is the all India examination that is used to screen the admissions to the various PG courses in engineering across the country. The Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) primarily tests the comprehensive understanding of the various subjects in Engineering and Technology of the applicants.Candidates can apply to the M.Tech/ M.E/ M.Des (at some IITs) courses on the basis of their GATE 2016 scores. For the first time, GATE 2016 Scores will be valid for three years.
Known to be a tough exam, GATE 2016 will also serve as a screening test for recruitment by leading PSUs in the country as seen in the past few years. GATE 2016 will be conducted online for all 22 papers with multiple choice questions (MCQs) and numerical ones to be done using the virtual keypad. check the complete information about GATE 2016 below on this page from the Eligibility Criteria, Application Procedure, Important Dates, Exam Pattern and the new changes incorporated just in GATE 2016.
Candidates can carry non-programmable calculators to the exam hall as the virtual online calculator will not be available for GATE 2016.
Examination Name: Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering
Commonly called as GATE
Conducted by: Administered jointly by the Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore (IISc) and seven Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs) listed below for the National Coordination Board - GATE, Department of Higher Education, Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Government of India.
Organizing Institute: IIT Kanpur
What’s New in GATE 2016?
- GATE 2016 Scores will be valid for Three years from the date of announcement of the GATE Results.
- All the supporting documents have to be sent online. Hard copies will not be accepted.
- Payments have to be made online or through E-challan. Online payments included debit/ATM cards, credit cards or internet banking.
- Choice of a third city as secondary choice for appearing for the GATE 2016 Exam while filling the GATE 2016 Application Form
|Qualifying Degree||Eligibility of the Candidates as per the academic year of passing||Year of Qualification cannot be later than|
|B.E./B.Tech/ B.Arch/ B.Pharm. ( 4 years after 10+2)||Currently in the 4th year or already completed||2016|
|B.S (Post-Diploma/ 4 years after 10+2)||Currently in the 4th year or already completed||2016|
|M.Sc./M.A./ MCA or equivalent||Currently in the final year or already completed||2016|
|Int. M.E/ M.Tech (Post BSc) (Four year programme)||Currently in the 2nd/3rd/4th year or already completed||2017|
|Integrated M.E./M.Tech or 5 year Dual Degree (after Diploma or 10+2)||Currently in the 4th/5th year or already completed||2016|
|Integrated M. Sc/Integrated 5 year B.S.- M.S.||Currently in the final year or already completed||2016|
|Professional Society Examinations(equivalent to B.E/B.Tech/B.Arch)||Completed Section A or equivalent of such professional courses||NA|
Note:Candidates must submit the Certificate from Principal duly signed and stamped as per specifications.
GATE 2016 Exam Mode: All the 22 papers will be online.
|Last Date for Online Application Submission||2016*|
|Payment of GATE 2016 Application Fees and submission of application form||2016*|
|Request for Change in the Choice of City||2016*|
|Download of Admit Card||2016*|
|GATE 2016 Examination||2016*|
GATE 2016 Exam Pattern
- Candidates will be tested on their comprehension and application skills, recall as well as analytical abilities
- Candidates will have to answer Multiple Choice Questions and Numerical Questions.
- General Aptitude Questions are compulsory for all papers and will carry 15 marks questions.
- GATE 2016 Papers with codes AE, AG, BT, CE, CH, CS, EC, EE, IN, ME, MN, MT, PI, TF and XE, will carry 15% of the total marks for the Engineering Mathematics, 15% for the General Aptitude section and the remaining 70% percentage of the total marks for subject of the paper.
- GATE 2016 Papers with codes AR, CY, EY, GG, MA, PH and XL will also carry 15% of the total marks for the General Aptitude section but the remaining 85% of the total marks will be for the subject of the paper.
- GATE 2016 XE Paper will have a compulsory section in Engineering Mathematics and General Aptitude along with any two of XE sections B to G.
- GATE 2016 XL Paper Pattern will have a compulsory section in Section H in Chemistry and General Aptitude along with any two of XL sections I to M
Marking :Negative marking will exist for GATE 2016 with a deduction of 1/3 marks for a wrong answer to a 1-mark multiple-choice question and 2/3 marks for every wrong answer to the 2 mark questions.
Note :Numerical Questions will not be having negative marking.
GATE 2016 Application Procedure:
- Through the GATE Online Application Processing System (GOAPS)
- Candidates have to register first by providing a valid Email ID and a currently in use mobile number along with a password
- The login Id will be mailed to the candidates.
- Personal Particulars have to be entered.
- Scanned photograph and signature as per specifications have to be uploaded.
- Application fee to be paid online or through Challan.
- Download and print the online Application after submission for future reference.
GATE 2016 Application Fee
- General/OBC-NCL Male Candidates/Other Candidates: Rs 1500.
- SC / ST / PD category Candidates: Rs 750.
- Women Candidates: Rs 750.
Note :Additional bank charges apply as per norm.
GATE 2016 Application Fee Payment
- Online Net Banking.
- SBI I-Collect.
- Axis Bank I-Connect.
GATE 2016 Counseling Process
- Candidates will have to apply to the individual institutes/universities as per the admission notification of each institute/university.
- Counselling will be on the basis of the candidate’s performance in GATE 2016 and academic performance (qualifying degree) in the ratio 70:30.
- Generally candidates who qualify in the life sciences papers (XE or XL), have to appear for an interview/written test) by the admitting institution. In such cases, the weightage for GATE scores is generally 70%. The minimum passing percentage of marks in the interview will be specified by the admitting institution.
Web Site : http://gate.iitk.ac.in/GATE2016
JEE Main 2016 Application Form is now available from November 2016*. The Application Form for JEE Main 2016 is online ONLY. Candidates need to fill the particulars, upload their photograph, signature and left thumb impression in JPEG formats and submit the Online JEE Main 2016 Application form. Candidates can edit their Online JEE Main 2016 Application Form only before payment of the Application Fees. Last year, the new change was that Candidates DID NOT need to send any document or confirmation page to the JEE Main office. Given below are the modalities of the JEE Main 2016 Application Procedure. Candidates can register and apply below.
JEE Main 2016 Application Form: Candidates can apply below
Candidates must choose a password with between 8 to 13 characters and which must contain a Capital letter, a small case letter, a special character and a number.
Candidates must keep an email id and a valid mobile number ready.
Candidates must keep the scanned copies of passport size colour photograph, the candidate's signature and the candidate's left thumb impression in JPEG format ready to upload. They can check the specifications these here
- The scanned images of photograph, Signature and thumb impression should be in jpeg format only.
- Size of the photo image must be greater than 4 kb and less than 40 kb.
- Size of the signature image must be greater than 1 kb and less than 30 kb.
- Size of the thumb impression image must be greater than 1 kb and less than 30 kb.
- Dimension of photograph image should be 3.5 cm(width) x 4.5 cm(Height) only.
- Dimension of signature image should be 3.5 cm(length) x 1.5 cm(Height) only.
- Dimension of thumb impression image should be 3.5 cm(length) x 1.5 cm(Height) only.
How to reset your Password: The following options are available to reset Password-
- Using security question & its answer you chosen during form filling.
- Using a verification code sent via text message (SMS) to your Registered Mobile No.
- Using a reset link sent via Email to your registered email address
- A candidate can fill only one application form.
- The name in the application form must be the same as registered in Class XII/ qualifying Examination
- Candidates who wish to appear for JEE (Advanced) 2016 must also give their choices of JEE (Advanced) examination cities. They will have to re-register their choices while applying for JEE Advanced 2016.
- Candidates NEED NOT send the confirmation page or any documents to the JEE Main office.
- IMPORTANT: After submission, candidates must note down the Application No generated. They will be used to log in subsequently as the log in ID along with the chosen password.
JEE Main 2016 Application Fees
|Paper(s) Appearing||Pen and Paper Based Examination||Computer Based Examination|
|JEE (Main) Paper-1 or JEE (Main) Paper-2 only||1000(boys)
|Both JEE (Main) Paper-1 and JEE (Main) Paper-2||1800 (boys)
|FOR EXAMINATION CENTRE OPTED IN FOREIGN COUNTRY|
|JEE (Main) Paper-1(B.E./B.Tech.) or JEE (Main) Paper-2 (B.Arch./B.Planning) only||2500(boys)
|Both JEE (Main) Paper-1(B.E./B.Tech.) and JEE (Main) Paper-2 (B.Arch./B.Planning)||3800(boys)
Payment Mode of JEE Main 2016 Application Fees
- Credit (additional charges: 1.20% of the examination fee plus the service tax as applicable)
- Debit Card (additional charges: 0.75% of the examination fee plus taxes for examination fee up to Rs. 2000 and 1% + taxes for examination fee more than Rs. 2000. )
- Through the e-Challan generated after successful submission of the online application form. Candidates can deposit application fee in cash at any branch of Syndicate Bank, Canara Bank, HDFC and ICICI Bank
Some Important things to be noted
- Note down the JEE Main 2016 Application No. generated for log in the future.
- The Acknowledgement receipt generated after successful submission of the JEE Main 2016 Application Form must be downloaded and kept safe for future reference.
- Candidates must keep a copy of the DD or the transaction details if fee are paid online
- Candidates would be advised to keep 8 to 10 identical photographs as reserve for use till admissions. These photographs must be the same as the scanned ones used in for the JEE Main 2016 Online Application Form.
- All JEE Main 2016 correspondence should be addressed to the Executive Director, JEE (Main), CBSE, F.I.E, 482, Patparganj, Industrial Area, Delhi-110092.